Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello I am Father Riley the Unemployed Priest

Father Kevin Riley says;


I am writing dis now, havin been given de boot. Like many of yourselves, my sarvices have been requested to cease indefinitely.

My current business manager, the illustrious author David A. Kearns, has given me leave to post here on his blogging account. He has done this, so that I can get the word out.


T'is a hard t'ing to send a man to de road, but there it is, the times we live in.

T'oughts for de day are varied. I wanted to speak specifically to de condishuns which have unceremoniously resulted in my dismissal from de parrish which shall not be named, hereunder.

His highness, Bishop Douch O'Baggins (not de man's real name) came round de odder day, all pointy of hat, and requested a full accounting-like of de Bingo earnings, and not having a precisely sustained accounting der-of, he started in on me, strait away-like.

He furthar opined dat my sermons were like sandpaper in dat dey grated and chaffed.

I informed His Majesterial District Manager-ship that if we wus to cave in to the wishus of the congregations, laying down only what dey'd like to hear, and not what dey should rightly hear, why, there would be hell'an commotion 24 hours 7 days the week.

He said there be more concern voiced from on high-like, dat I have been letting de cat out de bag on sartain secrets-like of de chorch.

Well says I, I have spoke to the unsartantee from some of the parishoners to dis business of Himself actually walkin' on wather as if it were a matter no more complicated than a Sunday stroll-like.

I said the congregates themselves should be rightly responsible for deciding whether to believe such t'ings. I said for me own account, I found it hard to accomidate de notion dat Peter and his lot would continue fishin' at dis point of encountering a man, on foot, on de water ( in his pajama's no less): not dat it never happ'nd.

There will be more to follow in de days to come, sartainly.

I only wanted to set down this little blog here to let de warelled know I have gone freelance so to speak.

I can be available t'roughout these United States to do anywhere from a half-hour, to de hour sermon of dare we call it "comedy?"

If yer interested, kindly talk to my business manager David Kearns at DavidAnthonyKearns@Gmail.com

Father Kevin Riley,

FatherRiley@cfl.rr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment